Rules are meant to be broken. The RuleBreaker Awards (a Skild powered event) celebrates entrepreneurs for the things they DON'T do:
- They don’t follow.
- They ignore conventional wisdom.
- They take the path less traveled.
- They do it the hard way.
On July 28th the RuleBreaker Awards honored those entrepreneurs who have succeeded by doing it their way. Some have created whole new industries; others have revolutionized industries that have existed for hundreds of years.
Nominated participants could submit entries in five categories: Service Provider, Technology Provider, Food/Restaurant, Manufacturer or Retailer. Entries were evaluated by expert judges and by the public.
The following winners each received over $6,000 in prizes.
- Anabella Watson – Rent Billow
- Christine Janssen – Fordham University
- Veronica Schreibeis Smith – Vera Iconica Design
- Alex Esposito – The Free Ride
- Michael Agugliaro – ServiceKey
- Douglas Jackson – Project C.U.R.E.
- Adrian Dayton – Clearview Social
- Dr. Robert Needham – Collaborate USA
- Matt Rissell – TSheets
- Manish Patel – Where2GetIt
- Susan Landa – The Fossil Cartel
- Vaiana and Bill Attinger – Le Motto
- Nima Noori – Toronto Vaporizer
- Kurt Shafer – Invisco VSFC
- Jeff Crabtree – Crabtree Brewing
- Craig Wolfe – CelebriDucks
- Beau D’Arcy – Breakwater Chicago
- Jack Goldenberg – Einstein, da Vinci & Goldenberg