Never underestimate the youth. Young people have proved time and again that they’re the influential, resilient, determined spirits the world needs in the mission to end extreme poverty NOW.
The Global Citizen Prize: Cisco Youth Leadership Award was established by Cisco and Global Citizen to recognize and lift up a young person positively impacting the world, demonstrate the impact that young people have on achieving the United Nations’ Global Goals, and accelerate global problem solving.
Now in its fifth year and powered by Skild, the Global Citizen Prize: Cisco Youth Leadership Award honors an individual aged 18-30 who has contributed meaningfully towards the goal of ending extreme poverty. The award includes a US$250,000 prize paid to the organization to which the individual contributes.
There are five parts to the application:
- An “About You” section containing basic personal and organizational information;
- An applicant’s pitch on why they should be awarded the prize in a two- to three-minute video, including how they’re working towards achieving one or more Global Goals;
- Short written answers to three questions about their work;
- An outline of how their work aligns with the judging criteria — impact, vision, catalyst, global citizenship, and technology innovation — in 250 words or less for each criteria;
- Additional information about their organization, including proof of its registration.
Applicants are judged holistically by their application materials and supporting documents against five equally weighted criteria:
- Impact: Demonstrated track-record of measurable impact at scale over the last three to five years advancing one or more of the Global Goals.
- Vision: Compelling vision and concrete plans for how to extend this work in the next three to five years, including how the prize will advance efforts.
- Catalyst: Inspires other young people to have an impact on achieving one or more of the Global Goals.
- Global Citizenship: Demonstrates the values and embodies the spirit of a Global Citizen and global problem solver.
- Technical Innovation: Innovates with technology or internet-based communications to improve efficiency, reach, and magnify impact.
Applications are open now through January 20, 2023. To learn more about this exciting challenge, click here.