The Innovation Challenge, the world’s largest and most established MBA innovation competition, is celebrating a milestone this fall – our 10th anniversary!
Thank you for helping us along the way!
For the past decade we have matched brilliant student minds from the world’s best business schools with incredible global brands such as American Express - OPEN, Hilton Hotels, Samsung, GE, Harley Davidson, Shell… the list goes on and on.
Through the years we’ve awarded thousands of dollars and crowned the world’s best student innovators. Last year’s top 3 teams were awarded $25,000 and rang the bell at the New York Stock Exchange. Last year’s winning team leader, Jennifer Clinehens, was even hired by the AT&T innovation group!
With increased interest from both sponsors and students, we decided to shake things up a bit by designing a new model for the Innovation Challenge. Instead of one annual event with multiple sponsors lasting several months, we will now be launching ongoing competitions that focus on one sponsor and complete in one month. Phase 1 has been simplified - just tell us your ideas. If you move on to Phase 2, you’ll be asked to develop a presentation.
We’re proud to announce the inaugural sponsor for our new model is
As with all of our competitions we won't reveal the challenge question until after you’ve registered, but we can tell you this - your ideas may, perhaps, focus on one of these five mega trends:
- Sustainable Home: Shift from Utility-Managed Resources to Consumer-Managed Resources
- Energy/Clean Energy: Shift from Energy Indifference to Home Energy Generation
- Healthy Home: Shift from Making Tasks Easier to Enabling a Healthier Lifestyle
- Digital/Internet: Shift from Individual Digital User Interface to Multi-Appliance Platform
- Water: Shift from Water to Clean & Drink to Home Adapted to My Needs
Here are the competition details:
Competition Ends: Friday, August 31
Entry fee: $0 – That’s right. Zero, nothing, nada
Are you going to represent your school? Here are some of the schools currently registered:
- VCU Brandcenter (Produced last year's winner! Can they retain their title?)
- India School of Business
- Yale University
- University of California - Berkeley
- University of Pennsylvania
- Stanford University
- University of California - Los Angeles
- University of North Carolina
- University of Oregon
- University of Chicago
- Duke University
- University of California - Irvine
- Oklahoma State University
- Clark Atlanta University
- Utah State University
- Nanyang Business School
- Lancaster University Management School
- S P Jain School of Global Management
- Northern Illinois University
Ready to finish your summer with a bang and win some spending money for the upcoming school year? Click here to get started.