- A 2-month period of intense mentoring assistance and networking opportunities.
- Public and private networking and educational events to enhance connected networks of entrepreneurs, investors, and others in the region and beyond, especially as they relate to biotech innovation and commercialization.
- Targeted assistance from the NC Biotechnology Center Life Science Intelligence team — e.g., industry and market research.
- A pitch challenge at the end of the assistance process, which will yield significant monetary awards, in addition to the invaluable mentoring and networking each venture will experience during the assistance phase.
- Monetary awards totaling $40,000 IN EACH REGION: Top award, $20,000; second and third awards, $10,000 each. (Total: $200,000 across the state.)
- Incubator tenancy and/or support partnerships with local incubators, accelerators, and support providers where applicable.
- Promotion in the region and beyond of our impressive community of biotech innovators, entrepreneurs, and ventures.
Statewide Challenge: The winner from each of the 5 regional challenges will continue to the statewide challenge for additional mentoring assistance, NC Biotechnology Center Life Science Intelligence team support, promotion, public appearances, and monetary awards.
The application period runs from February 1 - 25. Click here to learn more about this exciting opportunity.