GENIUS NY is an in-residence business competition accelerator at The Tech Garden in Central New York that goes beyond substantial direct investment. In addition to three grand prizes of up to $1 million, $600,000 and $400,000, the program also offers company stipends, housing, resources, programming, and connections, making it among the largest competitions of its kind across the globe.
Catering to business proposals in the categories of Unmanned Systems and Data to Decisions Applications, GENIUS NY will bring together some of the most promising startups to help shape the future of Central New York.
Two phase in-residence accelerator program
- Phase One: Six teams receive a monthly stipend ($10,000 per month per team) and a housing subsidy to participate in the three month accelerator. This 1st phase concludes at the three month mark with a Business Pitch and prizes of more than $2 million: 1st-up to $1,000,000, 2nd-up to $600K, 3rd-up to $400K, 4th-$175K, 5th-$175K, 6th-$175K
- Phase Two: All six teams automatically enter the 2nd phase of the accelerator for another 9 months that culminates with an Investor Demo Day in front of investors and program judges.
Follow-on incubation is offered after the Investor Demo Day with incentives of follow-on funding to continue operating in Central New York. You'll stay because it is worth it and because you'll love it here.
Applications are restricted to business categories that align with the regional investment in unmanned systems:
- Unmanned Arial, Ground, and Marine Systems
- Cross-Connected Platforms
- Data to Decisions Applications
Companies will be working with some of the world leaders in unmanned systems located in Central New York.
Companies will need to give up 5% equity to participate in the competition.