Through it's newly launched competition, the National Association of Broadcasters aims to identify fresh ideas, strategies and solutions that will help shape the future of broadcasting. Participants must creatively answer the challenge question, "How might local television and radio broadcasters engage their communities with next generation content on any device, whether big, small or moving?"
When working together, content and technology can create experiences that serve our local communities. PILOT is looking for engaging content that evolves with technology. Whether it's through television, radio, tablets, mobile phones, computers, wearables, VR devices, gaming systems, even an "Internet of Things" kitchen sink! Or it could be something new that is waiting to be developed.
Submissions will be evaluated based on:
- Value to Audience: How valuable is the concept to the audience?
- Value to Broadcasters: How valuable is the concept to broadcasters?
- Viability: How likely is it that this concept could support itself and turn a profit?
- Feasibility: How well thought out is the concept implementation?
- Originality and Creativity: How unique, original and creative is this concept?
First Place: $20,000
Second Place: $15,000
Third Place: $10,000
The top three winners will also...
Present their ideas at NAB Futures and be featured at NAB Show NY
Receive a Mentorship from the broadcast industry
Be displayed at the Futures Park booth at 2017 NAB Show
Submissions are open through September 23, 2016.