From more than 150,000 ideas and over 12 months of judging, Google finally revealed the five organizations who will receive $10 million in funding to carry their ideas forward as part of their 10^100 Project. The following winners were selected from 16 finalists in a range of categories:
1. The Khan Academy for their idea to make educational content available online for free.
2. FIRST for their idea to enhance science and engineering education.
3. Public.Resource.Org for their idea to make government more transparent.
4. Shweeb for their idea to drive innovation in public transportation.
5. And the African Institute for Mathematical Sciences for their idea to provide quality education to African students.
For more info on the winners, go to http://www.project10tothe100.com/index.html.