Congratulations to all of the Regional Winners of the Active Schools Acceleration Project (ASAP). This Skild powered competition was designed to identify and reward the most creative, impactful, and scalable school-based programs and technologies to promote children’s physical activity.
This contest had thousands of submissions from across the United States and even had the support from First Lady, Michelle Obama, who through a recorded video message, encouraged potential participants to submit entries.
Here’s who came out on top:
“School Programs” Category Regional Winners of $25,000 each:
- Corona-Norco Unified School District – Norco, Calif. – West Region
- El Paso Independent School District - El Paso, Texas – Southwest Region
- Hilton Head Island Elementary School for the Creative Arts – Hilton Head, S.C. – Atlantic Region
- Meadowview Elementary School – Farmington, Minn. – Midwest Region
- Miami-Dade County Public Schools – Miami, Fla. – Southeast Region
- Harlem and Washington Heights / Inwood (PS 4, PS 102, PS 128, PS 123, PS 152, PS/IS 180, PS/IS 206, PS/IS 210) – New York, N.Y. – New York/New Jersey Region
- Natick Public Schools – Natick, Mass. – Northeast Region
- Overland Elementary School – Los Angeles, Calif. – West Region
- Red Hawk Elementary – Erie, Colo. – Central/Mountain Region
“Technology Innovation” Category Grand Prize Winners of $50,000 each:
At a ceremony in Washington, D.C. on June 13th, two of the Regional Winners from the School Programs category will be crowned National Winners. Their prizes will increase to $100,000 each.
If you’d like to read the official press release or learn more about this program, click here.